- NQF: 4
- SAQA ID: 78965
- Credits: 165
This qualification offers a broad understanding on computer programming. Computer programmers figure out the process of designing, writing, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining the source code of computer programs. They serve as a vital link between operator and computers. This programme will give learners the understanding of how a computer programmer codes instructions for a computer to follow.
- A National Senior Certificate/Grade 12, or
- N3 Certificate/NCV Level 4 Certificate/ABET Level 4 Certificate
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a National Certificate in Systems Development. Certificates are issued and verified by The Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority (MICTSETA).
- One (1) year full time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic
- Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Principles of Information Systems
- Principles of Information Technology
- Principles of Computer Networks
- Mathematics Literacy
- Programming Concepts
- Teamwork Skills
- Business Communication
- Application Programming
- Web Development
- Systems Analyst and Design
On completion of the National Certificate you may progress to the Diploma in Information Technology or the Diploma in PC Support and Networking.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment