- NQF: 3
- SAQA ID: 49077
- Credits: 130
This qualification is ideal for learners with a keen interest in developing skills in end-user computing, allowing them to gain confidence in this highly-technical environment. The one year programme will introduce learners to PCs and equip them with word processing and office skills. Some of the module outcomes include spreadsheets, databases, internet and email and numeracy.
Computer skills are vast becoming a lucrative career path and this course will help groom learners with the fundamental principles required in many organisations, from start-ups to large corporates.
- A National Senior Certificate granting access to Certificate studies, or
- Competency in End-user computing at NQF Level 1
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a National Certificate in End-user Computing. Certificates are issued and verified by The Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority (MICTSETA).
- One (1) year full time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Intro to PCs
- Word Processing
- Office Skills
- Internet and Email
- Reading and Writing
On completion of the National Certificate you may progress to the Diploma in Information Technology or the Diploma in PC Support and Networking.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment