- NQF: 5
- SAQA ID: 100798
- Credits: 120
The purpose of this qualification is to provide students with the opportunity to acquire the skills required to perform functions in the tourism environment. The Travel and Tourism programme offers you a broad knowledge of the travel industry, from airlines, hotels, tour operators and the regulatory bodies that govern this industry. The theoretical modules include travel operation, management and marketing, eco-tourism and sustainability, customer services and end-user computing, complemented with workbased learning to help you adjust to the world of work.
- A National Senior Certificate, granting access to Higher Certificate studies, or
- Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification granting access to Higher Certificate studies, or
- National Certificate (Vocational) at NQF Level 4 granting access to Higher Certificate studies
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Berea College of Technology Higher Certificate in Travel and Tourism. All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- One (1) year full-time or 2 years part-time
- This 1 or 2 years includes work-integrated learning
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can be also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment