- NQF: 5
- SAQA ID: TBA
- Credits: 128
The proposed programme is designed to offer career focused education and training in the field of Digital Marketing. The curriculum was purposefully aligned to the requirements of Digital Marketing within business and organizations with an emphasis on Digital Marketing systems and administration, and also using appropriate IT/IS and modern approaches to guarantee success. The proposed qualification was also benchmarked against qualifications both nationally and internationally to ensure relevance and reliability.
The teaching, learning and assessment approaches, technologies and facilities also serve to provide an environment contribute to empowering students to achieve success in the Digital Marketing field. The inclusion of experiential learning in this programme also emphasizes career-focused education.
National Senior Certificate (NSC):
- with a certificate endorsement, and English (home language) rating 4 or English (1st additional language): a minimum rating of 3,
- and Mathematics rating 3 or Mathematics Literacy: a minimum rating of 4
- a minimum symbol of E for English on the higher grade, or D for English on the standard grade, and
- a minimum symbol of E for Mathematics on the higher grade, or D for English on the standard grade
National Certificate (Vocational):
- a minimum of 40% for Communication or English
Type of Programme
The programme duration is 1 year on a full-time basis, or 3 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Certification & Examination Authority
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Berea College of Technology Higher Certificate in Higher Certificate in Digital Marketing.
- Prescribed textbook lists will be provided by the academic department at your campus. Students will receive electronic versions of the study guides for this programme.
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a current programme pricelist.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides etc.
- This qualification allows possibilities for both vertical and horizontal articulation
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment