- NQF: 6
- SAQA ID: 24407
- Credits: 360
Companies employ public relations professionals to manage the perception of the company and its brands. This qualification focuses on the student becoming a public relations practitioner with learning outcomes in Mass Media, Activism and PR, Cultural Diversity and Global Firms, International PR, Public Relations in South Africa and Transactional PR by a foreign government. The programme demonstrates the theory learnt in the classroom through case studies and a work-based component and will teach you how to perform various PR functions in SA and internationally.
- Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered
on merit and circumstances
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Berea College of Technology Diploma in Public Relations. All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- 3 years full-time or 4 years part-time
- This 3 or 4 years includes 200 hours to be completed within 3 months
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution, or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment