- NQF: 6
- SAQA ID: 96707
- Credits: 360
The Diploma in PC Support and Networking is designed for the business world, with a practical Work-Integrated module to help students adjust to the working world. It caters for students who are technically-minded with the ability to diagnose and repair faults in a computer as well the ability to build and maintain networks and the associated software computer-technology. Some of the module focus areas include server technology, networks, programming concepts, end-user computing, web-page design and hardware. There has been rapid development in this field and a need for graduates with this qualification.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered on merit and circumstances
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Berea College of Technology Diploma in PC Support and Networking. All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- 3 years full-time or 4 years part-time
- This 3 or 4 years includes 200 hours to be completed within 3 months
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can be also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment