- NQF: 6
- SAQA ID: 96400
- Credits: 360
The purpose of this programme is to enable learners who have completed the Certificate Level to gain in-depth knowledge of the Human Resource Management (HRM) field. The Human Resource function focuses on staff development, staff policies and procedures and staff wellness programmes. The course is designed to help students become competent in the application of theories and principles and concepts in their day to day work environment. They will become familiar with the Employment Equity Act, The Labour Relations Act and an understanding of their constitutional rights of employees.
- Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered on merit
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Berea College of Technology Diploma in Human Resource Management. All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- 3 years full-time or 4 years part-time
- This 3 or 4 years includes 200 hours to be completed within 3 months
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment