- NQF: 6
- SAQA ID: 24414
- Credits: 360
The Diploma in Accounting provides a solid grounding in the skills of accounting and prepares students to become assistants to accountants/bookkeepers or financial assistants and managers. In the three-year programme, the student will become competent in financial accounting, cost and management, economics, management, communication skills, end-user computing, internal auditing and taxation. A critical component of this course is the Work-based module, which equips students with the practical skills on how to apply the theory learnt in the classroom to the working world. The programme is also designed for further studies, as the student explores the philosophy of life-long learning.
- Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- Grade 12 Accountancy and English
- NQF level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is considered
on merit and circumstances
Certification & Examination Authority
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Berea College of Technology Diploma in Accounting. All Examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Duration and Work-Integrated Learning
- 3 years full-time or 4 years part-time
- This 3 or 4 years includes 200 hours to be completed within 3 months
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guides are available on the Student Portal
Enquire at Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guides.
- Students can further their studies both horizontally and vertically
- Credits obtained can be used to study at our institution or other institutions subject to the admission requirements of that institution
- Credits obtained can be also be used as evidence for RPL for entrance into other qualifications
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment