- NQF: 5
- SAQA ID: 21156
- CREDITS: 240
We live in a world where things are constantly changing thanks to the advancement of technology. This qualification is for individuals interested in bringing development within the construction industry via technology. As a learner, this programme combines several disciplines that will teach you how to use wellthought-out ideas to better your surroundings as a civil technician or a manager heading a construction project. As a construction professional in the making, you will get an opportunity to undergo on-site visits to put theory into practice.
- A National Senior Certificate with Mathematics, Geography/ Engineering Graphics & Design, or
- A Senior Certificate with Mathematics, Geography/ Engineering Graphics & Design/ Accounting, or
- An FETC/N2 Certificate in the relevant specialisation area, or
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Certification and Examination Authority
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a Berea College of Technology Diploma: Construction Technology: Civil Engineering. All examinations are set and administered by Berea College of Technology.
Two (2) years full-time or three (3) years part-time
- A prescribed textbook list is available from the Academic Department at the campus
- Electronic copies of the study guide for this course is available on the student portal
There are additional costs such as a drawing board, materials for model making and drawing instruments.
Enquire at the Berea College of Technology campus for a pricelist for the programme you are interested in.
Formative and summative assessments are an integral part of the programme and are used to ensure that the learner understands the course and is able to successfully complete the qualification.
Student Support Services
- Job readiness skills
- CV writing, interview training and workshops
- Campus Counsellor
- Work-integrated learning, internships and post-graduate employment
Centre for Student Relations (CSR)
The Centre provides a free online service to students who require additional academic and personal support.
On completion of Diploma: Construction Technology Civil Engineering, you may progress to another Diploma in Building Surveying. Enquire further at your nearest campus.
For more information on this course and further study options, visit www.bct.ac.za